Sunday, October 15, 2006

Pride (In the Name of Nussle)

One man come in the name of lust
One man come and go
One man come, he to justify
One man to overthrow…

The following excerpt comes from Subliminal Jimmy’s transcript of the Brown and Black Debate held on October 12th, 2006 in Des Moines:

Moderator Question: What decision have you made in your life that you regret most? And if you had it to do it over, how would you do it differently?

Nussle: I was hoping it was a multiple choice question…

a) Wearing a paper bag on my head on the House floor to protest the “shameful” ethical behavior involved in the House banking scandal
b) Making Newt Gingrich my role model
c) Committing adultery while running on a Family Values Agenda
d) Both b) and c)
e) All of the Above...


There are so many that are coming to mind…

So many sins, so little time…pride, envy, gluttony, lust, anger, greed, sloth, what to choose…don’t say pride, Jim…whatever you do don’t say pride, everyone knows pride is the gateway sin – the sin that opens Satan’s doors to all other sins and is the slippery slope sin to hell…please, Jim, I’m begging you not to say pride, anything but pride…

Probably the sin of pride is the one I would point to the most…

Damn it Jim, you had two minutes to think over your answer and the best you could come up with is pride? I told you not to say pride. When will you start trusting me? It’s me Jimmy, the man who helped successfully hustle you into office in ’96 despite the scarlet letter “A” branded on your forehead. Is it your pride that keeps me silent?...

The most important rule of politics is that it’s the art of the possible and not the art of the perfect.

Thank God…

As soon as we make the decision, we know it’s not perfect…

Speak for yourself, Jim, speak for yourself…

The sin of pride, thinking that you know everything, thinking that you’ve heard everything, thinking that you’ve thought through everything is probably the sin I commit most often.

Amen…

I suppose the fact that I know that will help make sure that I improve that. I know that is one I can see in myself.

What’s that supposed to mean, Jim? Are you pointing fingers at yours truly, Jimmy the Hustler? I’ll be damned; you know it’s hard out here for a pimp…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home